1. The first institute in the private sector for pharmacy education in Pakistan, established in 1996.
2. Approved and Recognized by Pharmacy Council of Pakistan (PCP), Higher Education Commission (HEC), and Chartered Inspection and Evaluation Committee (CIEC).
3. Scientifically and clinically strong education in pharmacy, which enables students to enter all areas of the profession.
4. Well-established and recognized postgraduate programs leading to M. Phil. and Ph. D.
5. Highly experienced and qualified faculty including;
(a) Two D. Sc. (Doctor of Science)
(b) Two Tamgha-e-Imtiaz
(c) Two Fellows of the Chemical Society of Pakistan (FCSP)
(d) Seven faculty members with international postdoctoral research experience
6. Properly designed practicals in accordance with the theory courses.
7. Well-equipped labs.
8. Excellent hands-on training opportunities available to students on sophisticated instruments.
9. Well-maintained animal house for the performance of experiments on animals.
10. Air-conditioned large lecture halls with multimedia.
11. On-campus hospital facility, regular clinical rounds in the fourth and final year.
12. Initiation of Dental Pharmacy education in Pharm. D., the first of its kind in Pakistan.
13. Initiation of Bioinformatics education in Pharm. D., the first of its kind in Pakistan.
14. Strong partnerships with other leading institutions/universities like HEJ Research Institute of Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences at University of Karachi, Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology, Aga Khan University Hospital, Dr. A.Q. Khan Institute of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering (KIBGE), etc.
15. Linkages with industries like PharmEvo, Brookes Pharma, Hilton Pharma, Medics Laboratories, Getz Pharma, GSK, OBS Pharma, etc.
16. Linkages with governmental research organizations like Central Drug Laboratories (CDL), Pakistan Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (PCSIR).
17. International collaborations with eminent researchers of England, Poland, and Russia.
18. Regular career counseling sessions for students.
19. International online lectures.
20. Regular seminars, workshops, trainings, and exhibitions.
21. Specialized trainings for faculty for better output.
22. Student counseling by professional psychologist(s).
23. Facility of Student Advisor for the support of students in academic and administrative matters.
24. Field trips to hospitals and pharmaceutical industries.
25. Well-organized examination system for proper evaluation of the students.
26. Exciting social and extracurricular activities, including sports week, talent shows, singing competitions, etc.
27. A network of inspiring alumni, BIPSAA.
28. Well-stocked libraries.
29. Online access to a wide range of scientific journals.
30. Computer lab.
32. On-campus mosque.
33. Standby generators.
34. Free from any political society in the university.
35. Financial assistance based on need and merit.
36. Publication of quarterly newsletter (BIPS News) and student magazine (Pharma Mag).
37. Circulation of Student Directories to professional organizations, thus creating internship and job opportunities.
38. High employability in the market.
There is an inner urge in certain human beings to play their part in the developmental activities of the place or city around them. Having made a choice of Medical to be their profession and graduating in this field, visionary and sensitive individuals, Dr. F.U. Baqai and Dr. Zahida Baqai, fired with the passion for human welfare and social service started with a modest beginning by setting up a hospital complex in private sector at Nazimabad in late sixties of the previous century.