Baqai Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Quality Management Cell
Salient Features / Facilities
Approved and Recognized by the Pharmacy Council of Pakistan (PCP), Chartered Inspection and Evaluation Committee (CIEC now Sindh HEC), and the Higher Education Commission (HEC) Pakistan
To evolve as a nucleus for higher learning with a resolution to be socially accountable, focused on producing accomplished healthcare professionals for services in all spheres of life at the national and global level.
Baqai Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences will act as a premier seat of learning which imparts knowledge in pharmacy education with a focus on professionalism and technological advancements to produce pharmacists adhering to societal norms to become competent members of the global healthcare system.
On completion of the Doctor of Pharmacy Program, learners will achieve the following outcomes:
- Utilize knowledge to solve problems in manufacturing practices, management, and healthcare services.
- Diligently participate as a healthcare team member by demonstrating mutual respect and adopting professional values to meet patient care needs.
- Adopt appropriate procedures and innovative technology for pharmacy-related affairs with an understanding of the resource limitations.
- Provide pharmaceutical services with personal integrity as per given social standards.
To achieve the mission, the following objectives have been established:
1. Establishment of the institute by acquiring highly qualified Faculty members to prepare graduates with Pharm. D. degree and postgraduate degrees, M. Phil. and Ph. D., to undertake challenges in the field of Pharmaceutical Sciences and shoulder the future responsibilities not only in the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences but in other areas of the healthcare system of the country.
2. Acquiring modern, sophisticated instruments for undergrad teaching and to conduct R & D program for postgraduate training to produce qualified pharmacy professionals who are lacking in the country.
3. The undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences would build a strong foundation for the professional development of its students to meet the growing need of pharmacists in industries, hospitals, communities, academics, and in drug regulatory bodies.
4. To design the curriculum following the guideline of the Pharmacy Council of Pakistan and the Higher Education Commission which covers all avenues of health management.
5. Opening of new avenues for the achievement of the Mission and the Vision.
Baqai Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences (BIPS) is one of the leading institutions in the field of Pharmaceutical Sciences in Pakistan and is fully committed to impart high-quality education. It comprises of five departments viz., Pharmaceutics, Pharmacy Practice, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, and Pharmacognosy. The laboratories of each department are equipped with the latest instruments and are run under the supervision and guidance of a very well qualified teaching staff. The institute possesses a well-maintained library having an extensive collection of books and internet facilities to train the students on modern lines and to acquaint them with the theoretical and practical application covering the entire spectrum of the field of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Message from the Dean
Since its inception in 1996, the Baqai Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences holds a distinct position in pharmacy education due to its highly qualified and dedicated faculty, teaching, and research facilities available to the students.
The students so far passed from this institute are achieving landmarks in their respective fields such as hospitals, industry, community, academics, and research. Apart from undergraduate education, the M. Phil. and Ph. D. degree programs are also very well established here. The students are making an outstanding contribution to the field of research, which is evident from their national and international publications under the supervision of highly qualified and dedicated Professors.
My humble advice to all the students is to get themselves prepared, both mentally and physically, for hard work and devotion. Keep the focus on your studies and prepared yourself as good as you can for the professional world. I would like to promise you a nurturing and fulfilling educational environment, which will surely help you to transform the knowledge you gain here into something which helps to eliminate the sufferings of humanity. I pray and wish all the students the best of luck for their future ventures.
Prof. Dr. Sofia Ahmed
Message from the Director
Baqai Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences (BIPS) was established in 1996 and holds unique credit for being the first institute in the private sector for pharmacy education. It is indeed a moment of great rejoice for me to announce that BIPS has marked its 25th anniversary.
BIPS is among the top institutions in Pakistan for the education of Pharmaceutical Sciences and offers courses from graduation to doctorate. All our programs are duly approved and recognized by the Pharmacy Council of Pakistan, Chartered Inspection and Evaluation Committee, and the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan. Our graduates are working in renowned esteemed organizations both nationally and internationally and have gained a reputation of the institute through their outstanding performance.
Our main objective is to provide quality education and produce highly competent and knowledgeable professionals that would play a pivotal role in the healthcare sector. We have a highly qualified and fully committed faculty that is helping students in their efforts to acquire the best education at the graduate and postgraduate levels. We have adequate facilities at BIPS; however, our research facilities are so far on the better side of the whole province. We have good collaborations with several other institutions, both nationally and internationally, that further helps us in quality improvisation.
The Quality Management Cell (QMC) of the institute is making every effort to facilitate the students and uplift the quality of education at BIPS. Many curricular activities are being arranged regularly for the students as well as for the faculty. These activities include counseling sessions, seminars, workshops, international online lectures, field trips, etc. Apart from the curricular activities, extra-curricular activities are also performed in the university, which includes sports week, inter-universities sports competitions, talent shows and singing competitions (Rang), farewell functions, exhibitions, naat, and debate competitions, etc.
This webpage will give you all the information about the rules and regulations regarding pharmacy education in BIPS. Students are required to go through the site and read the salient features of particular importance, such as rules of attendance, rules of examination, rules of the promotion, discipline policy, and such other relevant regulations that will be beneficial to them.
Prof. Dr. Muhammad Ali Sheraz